Buying glasses online is a trend started in recent years. Many sites offer glasses when you put in your prescription. This sounds very convenient, but is it too good to be true? There are some advantages of working with an in-person, professional frame & spectacle lens fitting company rather than simply ordering online. Here are a few benefits:
• Reliability. Choosing an in-person fitting offers several advantages with reliability at the top of the list. You know that you are working with trained professionals who can make sure your spectacles fit perfectly.
• Individual Adjustment. When you buy glasses online, it can be difficult to know if you are getting the right fit. Your glasses must fit not only your face, but you must also consider how they will sit on your face. Will you be looking out of the top of the glasses, or do they sit higher on your face and your pupil is aligned with the centre of the glasses? All of these things will affect the fit of the spectacles and in turn affect how well you can see. This is one of the reasons having your glasses attended to in-person is very important.
• Personal Service. Another reason to use an in-person purchase for frame & spectacle lens fitting is the high-quality, personalized service you receive. When you are buying glasses, you want to make sure you are investing in a pair that will last and correctly enhance your vision. An in-person fitting provides you with the opportunity to ask questions immediately from a professional.
Consider these advantages the next time you choose a vendor for frame & spectacle lens fitting!
After you have been diagnosed with vision problems, you will be given a prescription for your eyesight. At the end of your appointment, we will assist you in selecting a frame for your glasses. Once you’ve picked out your frames, we will perform a frame & spectacle lens fitting to ensure that the glasses you chose will fit you appropriately.
Although comfort is certainly an important reason for having a frame & spectacle lens fitting, there are a few other reasons why you need this fitting.
• Everyone’s faces differ in size and shape. In order to make sure the lenses are appropriately lined up with your eyes, we need to fit the frame to your face.
• We also have to ensure that your glasses are tight enough that they won’t slip off your nose, but not so tight that they’re uncomfortable.
• The nosepiece and earpieces may need to be adjusted so that the frames are the right size.
• Another important part of the frame & spectacle lens fitting is to make sure the frames are a good style for you. This gives you a chance to physically try on a large variety of styles, to find something that you will really be happy with.
Once we have measured and checked all of these different aspects of your frames and lenses, we will use tools to change the shape of the frames to fit you as perfectly as possible.
There are several different parts of the glasses that need to be fitted correctly. The lenses need to be in the right place. The nosepiece and earpieces also need to be lined up so that your glasses will stay in place and will remain comfortable throughout wear. We look forward to helping you find the right glasses for you.