Glasses are an important investment. They are the object that makes clear vision possible for you, so you want to get the best glasses you can! Also, you will wear glasses every day so you want something comfortable as well as fashionable. That is a lot to expect from one accessory! Here are some of our tips to help you choose glasses that last.
- Bring a Friend: A friend or family member will be able to help give you advice about what looks good—especially if your vision is compromised while you are trying on frames! A trusted friend will help you choose a good pair of glasses.
- Consider Material: When it comes to glasses, there are two main styles. Most glasses are either wireframe or acetate. These two materials have very different looks and feels. Try on both to determine what you preference is.
- Size and Shape: The size and shape of the frame both influence how the glasses look on you. Try round frames and square frames to see which you like better. Large frames may be the trend, but be sure to try them on to make sure you like the look for you! Choose a classic look rather than a trendy one if you want your eye glasses to stay stylish for a longer time.
- Quality: If you want your eye glasses to last for several years, you should choose quality construction. Quality glasses will last in the long-term.
As you follow these steps you will be able to find the perfect eye glasses for you.
Whether it is selecting your first set of eye glasses or your twentieth, there are a number of things to consider that will help you select the best ones for you. At Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry, we help those in the Newmarket, ON area with this endeavour. Here are a few tips for you to think about:
- Colour – The colour of your eye glasses can make an impact on your appearance. Many like to choose frames that go well with their eye colour. If you are considering having a number of pairs of eye glasses, you might also consider having different colours to go with the various colours in your wardrobe. We also carry Dilem frames that have interchanging temples. These lightweight frames from France have hundreds of temples to choose from, and your first pair at our optical includes 3 different pairs to start.
- Durability – You should keep in mind what activities you will be undertaking while wearing eye glasses. If you are active in sports, you will want eye glasses that can stand some abuse. A durable set of eye glasses is important, especially for young children or those getting eye glasses for the first time. We also have extensive warranties on the frames and lenses.
- Shape – There are plenty of articles written about what shape of eye glasses is ideal for each face shape. Eye glasses can accentuate great features while minimizing any features you don’t particularly care for. For example, someone with a rounder face can benefit from a square frame.
- Features – Eye glasses can include a number of features that may be a good option for you. If you tend to go from sunny conditions to indoor lighting regularly throughout the day, a transitional lens that automatically changes may be useful, instead of having to switch back and forth between regular eye glasses and sunglasses.
Regardless of the professional opinion about the eye glasses that look best on you, the choice always remains yours. We will be glad to give you input based on our experience, but we also recognize that the important thing is that you like what you see and how they feel. While your prescription may not always be available in all styles, we will endeavour to facilitate your desired result whenever possible. Give us a call for an appointment – we have evening and weekend availability if you require those times.