Author Archives: wordjack
It’s hard to keep track of all the things we need to do! Especially in today’s day and age when everyone is so busy, remembering to make time for something like an eye exam is easy to forget. However, eye exams are crucial for your ocular health and something that everyone needs on a regular basis. Here at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry, we encourage everyone to get regular eye exams! Here are a few things to keep in mind for your next eye exam with us.
• No-rush appointments- When you come to Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry, we take the time to ensure your appointment is a thorough one. We schedule 30-minute appointments and won’t try to rush you out before we have answered your questions.
• Individualized care and consideration- We treat your family like our family, so we make sure that all of our care is tailored to the patient and their own unique ocular needs.
• Your eyes may be dilated- At your next eye exam, expect to have your eyes dilated so that we can take a proper look at the entirety of the eyeball and nerves. These effects are short-lived and you should be back to normal within a few hours.
• Your eyes will be examined- We take the time to perform a variety of tests on your eyes using different technologies so that we can keep track of your ocular health. We are happy to answer any questions about our testing or technology for you.
• We will perform standard vision testing- A visit to Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry means that you’ll get a vision test to determine if your eyesight has gotten worse or stayed the same. This is beneficial for people of all ages.
• Selection of glasses/contacts- If you need a new prescription, we have a huge selection of glasses and contacts for you to choose from right here at our clinic. Take as much time as you’d like to find that perfect pair of frames.
• Eye health education- Before leaving, we will educate you on tips or changes that you can implement to make your eye health optimal.
• Follow-up- If you don’t already have your next appointment in the books, we can make one for you now! This way, you’ll be able to stay current with your ocular health.
Our team at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry is always looking for better ways to examine your eyes and catch any troubling signs early. We believe in giving you all the information you need to make the best decisions for your eye care, and part of that is making sure you understand the methods we use to identify possible issues. One of the technologies that commonly used in the world of optometry is called retinal imaging. In this article, we’ll go over more about what retinal imaging is and how it improves your care.
Retinal imaging is a technique that uses high-resolution image capturing technology to take pictures of the inside of your eyes. These pictures allow our team at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry to get an up-close look at the important structures in your eyes, such as the retina itself, which is where light and images enter; the retinal disk, where the optic nerve connects from your eyes to your brain; and the blood vessels that keep your eyes supplied with oxygen. Monitoring changes in these areas is an important part of identifying diseases like diabetes, glaucoma, or macular degeneration. These images also provide a clear record of how your eyes develop over the years, which is invaluable for diagnosis and treatment.
We at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry hope that this information has been helpful. If you have further questions about retinal imaging or any part of your eye care plan, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Here at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry, we know that you want what’s best for your children. You want to keep your child in good health, and that includes looking after their visual health. The key to good visual health is regular eye exams, so in this article, our team will go over what you need to know about when to make an appointment for a children’s eye exam and what exactly the doctor will be looking at.
• When to Have a Children’s Eye Exam. One question many parents have is when they should take their child for their first eye exam. The answer is that your child is ready for their first exam once they reach the age of six months. Although this may seem young, six months of age is the perfect time to check on your baby’s eye development, to ensure that their eyes are working well together, and it is also a perfect opportunity to check for early signs of eye disease. Most experts, including our team here at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry, recommend that you also have your child’s eyes examined when they reach three years of age, and again before they begin school at age five or six.
• What Tests are Involved. In addition to the eye development and movement check and disease screening mentioned above, a children’s eye exam for an infant typically looks for signs of nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), or distorted vision (astigmatism). Although signs of these problems are uncommon at this age, the examination provides an opportunity for early detection and treatment when needed. For older children, an eye exam typically includes an eye chart test (using shapes or flying E’s for those who don’t yet know the alphabet). Our team at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry will continue to check for the problems mentioned earlier, as well as test your child’s ability to focus, their colour vision, and depth perception. The doctor might use eye drops to dilate your child’s pupils in order to closely examine the retina; these drops may sting or cause blurriness, but only for a short time.
We at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry hope that this article helps you prepare for your next children’s eye exam. If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to call our team.
Buying glasses online is a trend started in recent years. Many sites offer glasses when you put in your prescription. This sounds very convenient, but is it too good to be true? There are some advantages of working with an in-person, professional frame & spectacle lens fitting company rather than simply ordering online. Here are a few benefits:
• Reliability. Choosing an in-person fitting offers several advantages with reliability at the top of the list. You know that you are working with trained professionals who can make sure your spectacles fit perfectly.
• Individual Adjustment. When you buy glasses online, it can be difficult to know if you are getting the right fit. Your glasses must fit not only your face, but you must also consider how they will sit on your face. Will you be looking out of the top of the glasses, or do they sit higher on your face and your pupil is aligned with the centre of the glasses? All of these things will affect the fit of the spectacles and in turn affect how well you can see. This is one of the reasons having your glasses attended to in-person is very important.
• Personal Service. Another reason to use an in-person purchase for frame & spectacle lens fitting is the high-quality, personalized service you receive. When you are buying glasses, you want to make sure you are investing in a pair that will last and correctly enhance your vision. An in-person fitting provides you with the opportunity to ask questions immediately from a professional.
Consider these advantages the next time you choose a vendor for frame & spectacle lens fitting!
Think about your routine each morning. After you wake up, what is the first thing you do? You may get in the shower, make coffee, brush your teeth, get dressed, and gather your things for the day. These may be simple tasks, but they are very important! Our daily routines help us stay healthy and on schedule. Just like our daily routines, our health routines are important. Regular exercise and healthy eating are included in this list, but also routine doctor visits. One doctor visit you should not overlook is a routine visit to your optometrist!
Once you have a prescription for your glasses or contact lenses, it is important to make sure that prescription stays up to date. As your eyes change, your prescription will need to be adjusted so routine eye exams are a must. This will help you stay healthy as your vision stays clear.
In a routine eye exam, an optometrist will check your vision for both close-up and far-away sight. After checking close and distance vision, optometrists can determine any need for corrective lenses or a change to your current lens prescription.
Routine eye exams are also beneficial for other aspects of eye health. During an eye exam, a doctor will be able to identify problems you may not be aware of that could affect your vision or other aspects of your health. Having a regular eye exam means you are regularly accessing preventative medicine—you will be able to treat problems before they become severe.
Whether you are looking for a prescription for glasses or looking to avoid eye disease, routine eye exams are an important step!
Your vision is one of the most important aspects of your life, so it is very important to stay on top of your eye care. As you schedule routine eye exams, you should be thoughtful about scheduling them in advance. This will help you stay on track to have healthy eyes without causing stress as you try to schedule appointments. Here are a few of the top reasons you should schedule your eye exams in advance:
1. Get on the Schedule Early: Making a yearly visit to the eye doctor may be easy to forget. Making an appointment early—even months before you will need an appointment—ensures that a space is reserved for you on the doctor’s busy calendar.
2. Reserve Time on Your Calendar: Like your doctor, you are busy too! Scheduling your appointment well in advance ensures that you save time to have your eye exams.
3. Buying Frames on Time: Blocking time on your calendar early also helps plan for delays in getting new frames or lenses for your glasses. If you know you may need new glasses soon, schedule an appointment so you can have plenty of time for frames and lenses to arrive for your use.
4. Keep Track of Your Health: Scheduling your eye exams well in advance also helps you stay up-to-date with your wellness activities. Routine eye exams help prevent eye disease and ensure that your vision is clear. Why wait for those benefits?
If you are interested in scheduling an eye exam, contact our staff today! We would be happy to help you with eye exams now and in the future.
Glasses are an important investment. They are the object that makes clear vision possible for you, so you want to get the best glasses you can! Also, you will wear glasses every day so you want something comfortable as well as fashionable. That is a lot to expect from one accessory! Here are some of our tips to help you choose glasses that last.
- Bring a Friend: A friend or family member will be able to help give you advice about what looks good—especially if your vision is compromised while you are trying on frames! A trusted friend will help you choose a good pair of glasses.
- Consider Material: When it comes to glasses, there are two main styles. Most glasses are either wireframe or acetate. These two materials have very different looks and feels. Try on both to determine what you preference is.
- Size and Shape: The size and shape of the frame both influence how the glasses look on you. Try round frames and square frames to see which you like better. Large frames may be the trend, but be sure to try them on to make sure you like the look for you! Choose a classic look rather than a trendy one if you want your eye glasses to stay stylish for a longer time.
- Quality: If you want your eye glasses to last for several years, you should choose quality construction. Quality glasses will last in the long-term.
As you follow these steps you will be able to find the perfect eye glasses for you.
Vision is extremely important. It may be one of the most important aspects of your health. We rely on our eyes in nearly everything that we do. If you are experiencing vision problems, it is important to take care of them as soon as possible.
When people experience health problems such as vision problems, they may want to get advice from a variety of sources. However, some sources are more reliable than others. People may go online to search for information about vision problems. Some sources may be helpful, but other sources may contain false or inaccurate information.
Another place people may go for information about vision problems is to their social circle. People may use social media to get advice. They may also go to friends, relatives, neighbours, coworkers and others to ask questions about vision problems. Some of these people may be able to help. However, others may not provide good information, or they may not have answers at all.
For these reasons, it is best to go to an optometrist or other eye care professional. When it comes to your vision, take advice from the experts! They will be able to accurately diagnose any problems you are having and help you remedy them.
If you are seeking advice or solutions for vision problems, contact our staff at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry. We would be happy to help you! Our capable staff and knowledgeable doctors can help you tackle vision problems and provide solutions to help.
Finding a great optometrist for the entire family can be a challenge. You want someone who is familiar with all areas of family optometry, including working with children, teenagers, and adults. It is much more convenient to take everyone to the same eye clinic, and you will end up saving you a lot of time because you can schedule appointments for everyone in your family on the same day if that is what is convenient for you.
Family optometry is great for kids. It can oftentimes ease the fears of little children if they see a parent or older sibling getting their eye exam first. They can see what the equipment does, and it will likely make them feel more comfortable if they know what to expect. When it is their turn for an eye exam, they will be ready and able to do it because they have seen what it is all about.
Seeing an optometrist that has a wide range of experience can be good because they have seen eye conditions in people of all ages and are able to treat them. They will be able to treat glaucoma in older patients and a lazy eye for children, for example.
If you are interested in seeing an optometrist that specializes in family optometry, contact us today at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry. We can provide eye care for your entire family. We accept most major insurance plans and we provide quality care to all our patients. We will treat your family like our family.
When you are having problems with your eyes, it is important to get eye exams. If you do not see an optometrist, the problem could get worse or you could experience other physical symptoms, like headaches and strained eyes. It is important to take good care of your eyes to make sure that they are healthy and that you can see well.
Most people go in for eye exams because they are having problems seeing. If you are having vision problems like blurry vision, or if you see dark spots, you need to get an eye exam as soon as possible. The optometrist can figure out what is wrong and can correct the problem.
You should also schedule an eye exam if you notice that your vision has gotten worse. If you are having trouble reading street signs or restaurant menus, it might mean that you need a new prescription if you are already wearing contacts or glasses. If you have never worn glasses or contact lenses, this might mean that your eyes have changed, and you now require vision correction. If you notice you are having a hard time seeing things that you normally could see, schedule an eye exam.
Eye exams are also beneficial if you have sore eyes, eyes that are watery, itchy, dry, or that appear to be infected. An optometrist will look at your eyes and will be able to tell you what the problem is. They will also be able to help you get relief by prescribing something that will help your condition.
If you are looking to schedule eye exams for you or your family, call us today at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry. We accept most major insurance plans. We will make sure that you are comfortable during your visit and we will take good care of you.