Author Archives: wordjack
Routine eye exams are important for your eye health. In fact, you should get an eye exam at least once a year. Getting annual eye exams will benefit your eye health in many ways. Here are a few reasons why routine eye exams are necessary every year and important for keeping your eyes in great shape.
• Digital Devices Take a Toll. Screens are everywhere these days. You can find a screen pretty much wherever you go, and there is always one in your pocket. Digital devices are very useful and are used constantly; however, they are changing the way our eyes work. Did you know that when you stare at your screen, you blink slower than you should? It’s true, and when we blink slower and less often, we can get dry eye a lot quicker. Digital devices can rewire the way our eyes work and that can have damaging effects.
• Catch Serious Health Issues. Routine eye exams often catch serious health problems people are unaware of. Some of these health issues include diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer. Having annual eye exams can save your life. Schedule routine eye exams at least once every year, so you can always be aware of your eye and body health.
• Stay Up to Date. If you already wear glasses, that doesn’t mean your eyes are fixed and that you don’t need to get eye exams anymore. The older you get, the more your eyes change, so there is a chance you will need a prescription change in the future. Continue to get eye exams every year, so you are aware of how your eye health is doing.
Don’t put your eye health on hold. Keep up with your eye exams and keep your eyes healthy. If you are looking for a clinic to start having routine eye exams done, give us a call at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry and we will get you scheduled in.
It is important that you see your optometrist to keep up with your eye health. Most people see their optometrist at least once a year; however, your vision and eye health can change a lot as you get older, so you may need to visit more often. It is important to be aware of how your vision is doing, so here are a few ways to tell if it is time to see your optometrist.
• Something in Your Eye. A foreign object in your eye can be really annoying. The first step is to try to remove it yourself by flushing your eye with cold water. If washing your eye with water isn’t doing the trick, go to an optometrist to get it removed. Trying to remove it with your fingers, or any other object, could cause further damage to your eye. Also, if you can, avoid rubbing your eyes. Rubbing your eyes can cause foreign objects to scrape your cornea and make matters worse.
• Floaters or Spots. A sign of two serious eye issues, retinal holes and retinal detachment, are floaters or spots that disrupt your vision by floating in front of your eye when you move it. If you notice something constantly getting in the way of your eyesight, you need to call an optometrist as soon as possible.
• Eye Pain or Infection. Eye pain every now and then is common, but if you are experiencing constant eye pain, redness, and puffiness, it is time to go see an optometrist. Constant intense eye pain could mean you are developing or have an infection. It could also be a sign of another serious health problem.
If you are noticing any of these issues or other eye problems, call us at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry to schedule an appointment today.
Have you ever wondered to yourself, “Do I need glasses?” If so, then you probably want to know what signs to watch for that indicate you have impaired vision. Here are 3 signs that you might need eye glasses.
1. Nearsighted or Farsighted. If you find your vision is blurry looking at things in the distance or that you are squinting all the time, this could mean your vision is either nearsighted or farsighted. Nearsighted means you have trouble seeing things far away and farsighted means you have trouble seeing objects up close. If you have either of these two eyesight problems, you will probably need prescription lenses.
2. Eye Fatigue. If you notice your eyes are tired, strained, or frequently painful throughout the day, it is probably time to call an eye doctor. An eye doctor can give you the right eye glass prescription to help with your symptoms.
3. Headaches. If you get headaches while reading, looking at your computer, or writing, this could be a sign you need eye glasses. These headaches occur because you are trying to focus really hard on what you are doing, and your eyes get strained in the process. Eye glasses can help bring everything into better focus for you so your eyestrain headaches will go away.
Make sure you are always paying attention to your vision and how it’s working. If you notice it’s getting worse, don’t wait to schedule an appointment with an eye doctor. If you feel like you need glasses, give us a call at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry and we will prescribe the right eye glasses for you.
If your child needs to be looked at by an optometrist, there can be a lot of nervousness and stress about the visit. There is no need to worry. Our staff members at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry are friendly, patient, and experienced in pediatric eye care. To help you feel more at ease, here is what you and your child can expect during pediatric eye exams.
- Preliminary Screening – At the beginning of your pediatric eye exams, we will talk with you and your child if they are old enough. We will discuss overall health, eye health, and any concerns you have. We will take this time to get to know your child so that they feel more at ease.
- Eye Tests – Once we feel like the child is comfortable and ready to proceed, we will begin checking your child’s vision. If your child can read, we will use a typical eye chart. If your child cannot read, then we will use shapes and images to see how they see at different distances. We will look at how well your child moves their eyes by moving an object or toy around to see how he/she tracks it. We will also check peripheral vision in a similar manner. We will look at the pupils to see how they respond to a bright light.
At the end of your pediatric eye exam, we will discuss what we found and if your child needs corrective lenses. If they do, we will work with you to find a comfortable and fun fit for your child so that they feel confident in their new glasses.
Millions of people in the United States have some kind of eye correction, whether it is glasses or contacts. Do you ever get tired of having to find your glasses or take out your contacts? If this sounds like you, then LASIK may be a wise option for you. LASIK’s most well-known benefit is corrected vision without needing glasses or contacts. But did you know that there are many other benefits of LASIK? Below are some of those benefits:
- Pain-Free – One of the fantastic benefits of LASIK is that it is a pain-free procedure. If there is anything felt it is more of a discomfort than pain. Before the procedure you will receive numbing eye drops. These eye drops won’t feel any different than any other eye drop. This is a huge appeal to many patients.
- Immediate Results – It is common for patients to have clearer vision right after the procedure and the days following. You will likely experience a drastic improvement with your vision the next day.
- Self-Confidence – One unexpected benefit of LASIK that many patients happily experience is an increase in self esteem and confidence. You can now see without needing and worrying about your glasses or contacts.
- Save Money- In the long run you will be able to save money because you won’t be needing to replace contacts and glasses.
If you are ready to experience the many benefits of LASIK, then give us a call to schedule your LASIK consultation to see if you are a good candidate.
If you are considering having LASIK done, then you will want to come into our office for a LASIK consultation to see if you are a good candidate for LASIK surgery. A LASIK consultation is a great time to ask all of your questions about LASIK, to check the health of your eyes, and to determine if you can go forward with LASIK. During your LASIK consultations we will:
- Eye Exam – We will do a comprehensive eye exam to ensure the health of your eyes is suitable for LASIK. We will dilate your eyes to get a better look inside your eyes. Everything during the LASIK consultations will be non-invasive and pain-free. We are simply ruling out any eye issues and deciding if your eyes are healthy and ready to have LASIK surgery. We will talk about your eye health and eye history. We will also take measurements of your eyes.
- Discussion – During this appointment we will discuss the procedure and any questions you may have. We will go over the possible risks and benefits of LASIK. We will also go over what the cost of LASIK will be and what you can expect to experience after your LASIK surgery. If you are found to be a good candidate for LASIK, you will be able to schedule your LASIK appointment when you feel comfortable and ready for it.
If you are ready to book your LASIK consultation, then give us a call today. We are excited to help you experience the many amazing benefits of LASIK surgery.
It is well known that eye glasses will help you see more clearly. If your vision is poor, eye glasses are a great way to be able to see well again. Did you know that there are many other benefits to wearing eye glasses? Some of these benefits are:
- Eye Protection – Eye glasses will help to protect your eyes from accidental injury. They will help to protect your eyes from drying winds and dust, which can cause severe eye irritation in many individuals. A special film can be added to your glasses to help filter out harmful UV rays.
- Cost Efficient – Unlike contact lenses, eye glasses can be used for years. If your prescription changes, new lenses can be placed in your current frames.
- Comfortable and Convenient – Eye glasses will be fitted to fit your specific face so that they are comfortable to wear. They are also easy and convenient to put on and take off whenever necessary.
- Fashionable – Eye glasses come in thousands of designs, shapes, and sizes. It isn’t uncommon to own several styles of eye glasses to go with different outfits or moods. If you desire, you can make a great fashion statement with your eye glasses. If making a statement doesn’t sound like you, then there are less noticeable eye glass options.
If you are in need of new eye glasses, lenses, or just want a new look, come by our office at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry. We are happy to help you find your next pair of glasses.
If you have ever experienced issues with your eyes, then you know how inconvenient and sometimes scary it can be. Vision problems need to be addressed by a qualified optometrist as soon as possible. The health of your eyes is extremely important. To help you better understand and possibly determine if what you are experiencing is serious or not, we are going to discuss four common vision problems.
- Farsightedness (Hyperopia) – When you are looking at objects that are close, they will appear to look blurry. You may also experience that both near and far objects look blurry.
- Nearsightedness (Myopia) – Distant objects will appear to be blurry. Your vision of up-close objects may be very good.
- Detached Retina – With this vision problem you will notice flashing lights. Sometimes you will also see black floaters. Cover one eye at a time and compare your vision between your eyes. If you notice these changes in your vision it is time to see an optometrist ASAP.
- Cataracts – This vision problem will develop over time and can be hard to self-identify sometimes. Cataracts can be detected during an annual eye exam. Some common signs of cataracts are, needing brighter light to read, decrease in vision during nighttime driving, hazy vision, and colours looking faded.
There are many more vision problems you may encounter. It is extremely important that you see an optometrist with any change in vision or other new vision problems. Here at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry, we know how important your vision is to you. We are happy to help you with all of your vision problems.
When it comes to your eye health, you are going to want to take it very seriously. Even if you or your family members do not have vision problems, it is still a good idea to get regular eye exams. They can be helpful to catch any eye problems that may be going on and to keep your eyes healthy. They also can catch any vision problems that you might be unaware were going on. Sometimes people can think that blurry vision is normal because they do not have anything to compare it with. It is also a good idea to visit an optometrist for all of your optical products. They know what you need and what will work for you.
If you do have problems with your eyes or eyesight, chances are that you need optical products to help you every day. These products can include things like eyeglasses, lenses for your glasses, contact lenses, and even contact storage cases and contact solutions. These things that you might need for good eye health also may include eye drops or eye cream. It is best to get all of your eye products from a trusted source like an eye clinic. They will be able to determine what is right for you. They will also be able to give you an eye exam so you can get the correct prescription for your glasses or contacts so that your vision can be sharp and clear.
If you are looking for an amazing optometrist, call us at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry to schedule an appointment today. We will take great care of you. We also have a great selection of optical products, including many stylish frames for glasses. We have everything you need to keep your eyes healthy and happy. We are friendly, experienced, and will work hard to figure out what works best for you.
Problems with your eyes can be very frustrating to deal with. Whether you are suffering from blurry vision, dry eyes, itchy eyes, sore eyes, or any kind of eye disease, it can be miserable. You might be tempted to just deal with your eye issues because you are not sure who to see about it. But there is help available– you should visit with an optometrist at an eye clinic as soon as possible. They will help you get to the bottom of your eye problems and help your eyes feel better. When your eyes feel bad, it can affect your entire body. Good eye health will make your body feel better so you can get back to feeling normal.
When you visit an eye clinic, they will first give you an eye exam. They will do a vision screening to make sure that your eyesight is good. If they find that your eyesight is off, they will give you a prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses, depending on your preference. They will also look at your eyes with specialized equipment that will be able to look inside your eyes to see all the different parts of your eyes, including your retinas and corneas. They will make sure that everything looks healthy. The doctor will also check for any eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, or retinopathy. They can also check your eyes for signs of diabetes that could be causing you a problem with your eyes. If the doctor finds anything wrong, they can prescribe medicines as needed or come up with a treatment plan. They will have your eyes feeling better soon.
Contact us today at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry if you are looking for an excellent eye clinic for you and your family. We will provide your family with excellent eye care. We treat your family like our family. Both of our doctors are experienced, friendly, and will take great care of you.