When it comes to eyeglasses, so many of us need them for corrective reasons. There are also some people who like to wear glasses as a style accessory. No matter which group you fall into, you want to look your best with your eyeglasses, and a lot of this has to do with the shape of your face. At Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry, we have a few suggestions for pairing the right pair of frames with your core face shape.
• Heart- A heart-shaped face has a very narrow or pointy chin with wide cheekbones and forehead. Frames that are shaped with emphasis on the bottom of the frame will appear to drag your face downwards, so choose rectangular or oval frames.
• Square- Because your square features are accentuated by a strong jawline, it’s best to put a little visual interest to your face. Choose rimless or semi-rimless glasses for some great accenting.
• Oval- If you have an oval face- consider yourself lucky! Most types of frames are going to look great on you. Feel free to choose glasses that are a fun colour or pattern.
• Round- To balance out your round face, choose frames that are more angular. Frames that come in a square, rectangular or semi-square are going to look nice.
• Diamond- Diamond face shapes have very prominent cheekbones. If you have ever wanted to rock a pair of horn-rimmed glasses, the diamond shape is most able to pull these off! You can also look for circular rims or rectangular, but stay away from square rims, which will pull your cheekbones inward in an unflattering way.
If you have questions about eyeglasses and which shape to choose, we are happy to help you. Come in and see us today!