How to Choose the Best Eyeglasses for Your Face
Here at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry, we know that choosing eyeglasses is an important decision. The obvious reason for this is, of course, that you need them to see, but there’s more to it than that. Even if you only need glasses for occasional use, they still sit prominently on your face and will affect how you look. When choosing something you will wear every day, it’s important that you’re happy with how it looks on you in order to feel confident. To help with this, in this article, our team will go over some tips for choosing the best eyeglasses for your face shape.
• Oval Face- The best eyeglasses for oval faces have a strong bridge and geometric lenses, and are wider than the broadest part of the face. Avoid overly large frames that cover up more than half of your face, as this will throw off the visual balance.
• Round Face- If you don’t want to accentuate the roundness of your face, we recommend that you avoid eyeglasses with round frames, with no frames, or whose frames are too small. Instead, choose rectangular lenses to provide a pleasing contrast.
• Diamond Face- A diamond-shaped face is ideal for cat’s eye or oval frames. Avoid frames that are too boxy or narrow, as these will not enhance your features in the same way.
• Square Face- As with the others, the key is to create a pleasing contrast between the shape of your face and that of your eyeglasses. Oval or round lenses are ideal for this, while square or angular ones are best avoided.
• Heart-Shaped Face- For a heart-shaped face, choose frames that have heavy bottom frames to add some width to the narrow part of your face. Avoid frames that draw focus to the forehead, as they can make your face look out of balance.
We at Dr. Miller & Dr. Tilis Family Optometry hope that this information helps you in your search for the right eyeglasses for you. If you need further assistance, our team can supply style advice in addition to our expert evaluations and care.