What to Expect at LASIK Pre-op Exams
Many people are nervous when they arrive for their LASIK pre-op exam. We are here to assure you that it is a simple and easy process that will be life changing. Here we will briefly describe what you can expect from LASIK pre-op exams, so you will feel prepared and calm prior to your appointment.
• First we will take measurements of your eye to ensure that you are a good candidate for LASIK.
• We will also want to verify your prescription, so we can determine if you have recently had fluctuations in your vision or if your prescription has remained constant for a long period of time.
• For this reason, we’ll also have you bring in your current glasses or contact lens prescription.
• Once we have done a variety of measurements we will have you meet with the optometrist who will determine your current vision.
• Following all of these measurements and tests, we’ll be able to determine if you’re a good LASIK candidate.
• We’ll discuss different options that are available to you, as well as financing, so you don’t have to worry about any of these details on the day you come in for surgery.
• During our meeting, we’ll set up an appointment for your LASIK surgery and give you all the instructions and materials that you need to prepare for that day.
Having a more clear understanding of everything that a LASIK pre-op exam consists of will help you feel confident and calm. We look forward to the opportunity of working with you and helping you through this life-changing process.